Saturday, February 4, 2012

A cry in the night....

Jesus, let the light of Your face shine on me!

Thank You, Lord, that You hear my prayer,
that You listen to my cry for mercy;
and that in Your faithfulness and righteousness and love,
You come to my relief.

The enemy pursues me, but he will not crush me.
He tries to overtake me with darkness, but he will not succeed.

My spirit is stirred within me by Your everlasting love,
and I am not ignorant of the enemy’s tactics.

I think of You.
I meditate on You.
I remember You…Your promises… all You have done for me.
And I lift my hands in thanks for Your goodness and loving kindness.*

My soul longs for You, thirsts for You…
and does not faint under the weight of its longing – or under the assault of its enemy. 
Instead, it is stirred, as You come quickly to the sound of my cries.

Sweet Lord! My soul delights in You.
Even as weeping endures for the night,
joy will come in the morning.
Your promises will be fulfilled. 
My hope in You will not be disappointed. 
And my soul will continue to rejoice in You, 
for You do not hide Your face from me
as the cry of my heart reaches Yours in the darkness.

*Psalm 143

Julie Engler Miles
February.9, 2010
All rights reserved, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment