Thursday, December 29, 2011

Quieted by Truth

Be still and know that I am God.  (Ps. 46:10)

I lift up my soul to the Lord. I lift my heart, my eyes, my countenance for the Lord is near.
The Lord is near to all who call on His Name.

You have drawn near to me, O Lord, in answer to my cries in the night.
You do not leave the afflicted unnoticed or unattended. 

You are kind and loving and caring ~ moved with compassion for those in need ~ gracious toward all You have made.  

Oh, how these truths comfort me! 
My heart is comforted as I recall Your lovingkindness. 
My soul is quieted within by Truth.

Gladdened once again as peace and serenity settle into my soul,
a smile of sweet assurance comes with them....

For You make me glad, O Lord… (Ps. 92:4)

Julie Engler Miles, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment